MEL and MHLP — A degree from top ranked schools
In the MEL and MHLP degree programs, you will learn from faculty members of top ranked schools and study with some of the best in your field.
UBC and its programs have cultivated a world renowned reputation and top ranking among universities. Gaining your MEL or MHLP degree will give you access to a network of successful individuals and associations with a well-respected institution.
UBC’s MEL and MHLP programs are offered by the Faculty of Applied Science in collaboration with the Sauder School of Business. The Faculty of Applied Science oversees administrative procedures for the School of Architecture and Landscape Architecture, the School of Community and Regional Planning, the School of Nursing, and all engineering activities at the Vancouver and Okanagan campuses.
In 2017, UBC’s excellence was recognized once again with the latest independent rankings.
- UBC Engineering‘s world-class faculty and researchers are committed to an instructional approach that is varied, experiential and engaging. The Globe and Mail stated that “UBC is a provincial powerhouse when it comes to engineering education” and the school is ranked at the top of Canadian engineering programs.
- The UBC School of Nursing has almost 100 years of experience educating nursing leaders and innovation research. The school is the top ranked nursing school in Canada.
- UBC’s School of Architecture and Landscape Architecture (SALA) is deeply committed to the quality of the built and natural environment and provides the technical instruction of MEL’s High Performance Buildings program. Azure Magazine named SALA as one of the top schools for Landscape Architecture with an “outsize impact and an enviable student-teacher ratio.”
- UBC Sauder School of Business has a high international reputation and is one of the world’s leading business schools. The school has been ranked number one in the top places to study business in Canada.
- UBC is consistently ranked among the top 40 best universities in the world. In the current university rankings of Maclean’s, UBC has been ranked as a top school in national reputation.