Advanced Materials Manufacturing
The Master of Engineering Leadership (MEL) in Advanced Materials Manufacturing will be paused in January 2024 in order to do a comprehensive curriculum review and assessment.
The following information about Advanced Materials Manufacturing summarizes the goals and outcomes of the program as a record for employers, current students and our past graduates.
The Master of Engineering Leadership in Advanced Materials Manufacturing was offered between 2016 and 2023 as a professional degree for engineers and technical leaders who wanted to excel and drive innovation in the automotive, aerospace and manufacturing industries.
This interdisciplinary master’s program combined graduate-level engineering courses with UBC Sauder’s Robert H. Lee Graduate School courses – giving students the skills and confidence to take their careers in new directions.
This program covered all stages of the industry value chain, from materials selection through production.
Graduates of the program:
- broadened their sector-specific knowledge through a project-based curriculum that covers all stages of the industry value chain
- updated their technical and analytical skills by working with advanced process simulation tools and reviewing case studies
- studied under renowned faculty and industry experts at UBC’s high-tech facilities and multidisciplinary research centres
- expanded their professional networks while collaborating with other MEL students
- gained the fundamental business, project management and interpersonal skills to advance your career and confidently take on positions of increased responsibility
Learn more about our accomplished Advanced Materials Manufacturing alumni.